Dwf Files - A Challenge To You!

I challenge y'all to plan a Open-Source DWF file viewer!!!

I dear Computing too Linux inward particular, I fifty-fifty know roughly C++, Basic, Fortran Pascal, VBasic too Gambas, simply beside "Hello World!", I'm rusty, rattling rusty.....

Yesterday later upgrading my Ubuntu desktop to 10.10 on 5/10/2010 (Establish of Portuguese Republic, National Holiday), I took a aspect at Ubuntu novel software centre too went to - Science - Engineering, too equally usual, a span Math programs, a dozen electrical simulators/ designers, etc, etc... So I thought, what the hell.... There are alone programs useful for Electrical Engineers.....

Why is that??? Easy, Electrical Engineering courses convey a bang-up cistron of figurer scientific discipline too programming, that why this technology scientific discipline side has such squeamish software.....

So, since I'm non i of them (my surface area is to a greater extent than similar machines, pipes, rivets, nuts, bolts, ducts), :) delight assistance us..... I'm non talking for myself, I know in that place are a lot of Engineers, mechanical, civil, too fifty-fifty Architects that would dear to convey a DWF file viewer.

As y'all know Linux directly has DWG capable software natively, simply equally PDF is to DOC files, DWF is to DWG files, too nosotros are missing DWF.....

"Design Web Format (DWF) is a secure file format developed past times Autodesk for the efficient distribution too communication of rich blueprint information to anyone who needs to view, review, or impress blueprint files." in: Wikipedia

Nowadays it is used past times Portuguese Government entities to distribute designs to contractors, banking concern complaint that, at Portugal this is LAW, Decreto-Lei 60/2007 says that PDF should endure used for written elements too DWF for drawings (really squeamish foyer for Autodesk).

But, DWF is an opened upwardly format based on ISO/IEC 29500-2:2008, too Autodesk provides a Open-Source Toolkit for developers http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=823771. That's Halfway in that place .....

Do y'all mean value y'all tin create it? I believe that are others that tin create it too. The kickoff volition instruct the gold...

So, who would endure the kickoff to instruct there??? I'm expecting to encounter i of this names:

- Evince (I convey bang-up confidence inward y'all guys!!!)
- Bricsys (Closed-Source, alongside a dwg software too projection management interactive alongside Lotus)
- Graebert (Closed-source, also alongside dwg software, inward in that place ARES beta in that place was a reference to dwf)
- QCAD (maybe yes, perchance not, I mean value they are besides busy dealing alongside DWG back upwardly first)
- Adobe (Why not??)
- CUPS (They tin brand impress to DWF "cups-dwf" :), the means dorsum certain it volition endure actually simple)
- Inkscape (The experts inward vectorial files...)

And don't forget Antitrust (2001) Gary's words "We operate difficult to remain ahead because nosotros know whatever small-scale working inward his garage tin set us out of business".

I mean value if y'all are inward i of these teams y'all would endure happy to instruct in that place kickoff than the others.... I also believe that it volition instruct your slice of software ahead of the others inward a big niche (Engineering too Architecture)...

It is easy, too thence let's instruct to work....

Note that I volition e'er endure hither to create beta testing inward a daily footing (it's my chore working alongside those files), too also furnish y'all files to test.....
Sumber http://linuxmadeasy.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Dwf Files - A Challenge To You!. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions